Saturday 22 October 2011

Ⓥ Banoffee Pie made with Soy Condensed Milk

I thought I would have a go at Banoffee Pie as it well within my cooking capabilities.  The ingredients needed are, soy condensed milk, bananas, box of vegan cream, digestives, margarine.


First, instead of being sensible and eco-friendly as my good friend from Brazil later suggested, and using a pressure cooker for 30 minutes, instead I simmered my precious can of soy condensed milk for four hours.


I left my cooked soy condensed milk in the fridge for a day and it thickened up quite a lot.  Then all you do is break the digestives up into crumbs, melt about 1oz of margarine and add the biscuit crumbs to it.  Put this mix into a flan dish and press down.  Then slice up bananas and layer them on top.  Then put a layer of condensed soy milk.  Then after whisking your soy cream blob that on top.


If you can resist eating it for 24 hours i would recommend doing this as it really does taste a lot nicer a day later. I would give it a big 8 out of 10 but if you don't like it please feel free to post it to me in an air tight container, first class mail preferred.

Soy Condensed Milk is currently available in the United Kingdom (last checked July 2013), through Ananda Foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment